Version One 02.02.2012
YourwebSEO (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- 1. General
We are registered in New Delhi, Gopal Heights 2nd Floor, Netaji Subhash Place, Pitampura, New Delhi -110034
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is YourwebSEO of the above address and applies to all personal data, as defined in the Act.
- 2. Information we may collect from you
When you visit our site and/or when you request a service from our site we may collect, process and store the following data about you:
– information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. To obtain a free SEO review, website consultation feedback and/or a response through our contact form, some personal data is required of you. We will ask for your name, company you work for, title, location and telephone number (as well as your website address);
– information you provide to us by using our ‘webchat’ or ‘instant messages’ features;
– payment information, such as credit card or bank account information given to us;
– details of your visits to our site, including the website that you visited us from and the website that you proceed to from our site and your IP address; and/or
– if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence e.g. we will keep a record of when you report a problem with our site or services.
We may also collect and process additional information about you and other persons from e-mails or other correspondence that you send to us.
- 3. [IP addresses
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.]
- 4. How do we use and share your information?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
– to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
– to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
– to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service;
– to provide you with marketing information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes for example, we may use your contact details to send you information on special offers;
– to notify you about changes to our service;
– to prevent, detect, and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities and enforce our Website Terms and Conditions;
– we may, with your consent, also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you; and/or
– your personal information may be passed on to third parties only to process a payment transaction or process a business transaction with our partners.
In order to provide our services, we need to allow our partners and employees access to the information you provide. We may also share your information with our sister sites. We will only use the information you provide to reply to your inquiry and to provide you with further relevant information about our services.
Information provided to us is subject to confidentiality and will not be disclosed without your prior consent to any third party, other than to any employee or member of the company for the purpose of providing you with the service you require, or to comply with any applicable laws or lawful government and/or regulatory requests.
- 5. Your rights
You have the right to opt out of marketing contact at any time, please let us know by sending an email to us at [email protected] If you would like us to change the method of communication you may contact us at the same address.
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of $20 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
- 6. How we protect your information
The information you provide to us will be stored and processed on servers based within the United Kingdom, India and Singapore but we reserve the right to store the data on carefully selected portable devices, in paper files, and to transfer data abroad.
- 7. Cookies
Yourwebseo.com uses “cookies”, which are small, text files that are stored on your computer that can be retrieved to assist in customizing your experience with the online service. The information saved supports the functionality of the site, for example by keeping track of your visual preferences or for providing our web-chat and instant messages services. It is necessary to accept cookies in order to use these services. [No cookies are used for contact forms. You will still be able to use the contact forms if you disable cookies.]
During some processes, data is temporarily stored on your internet browser as you move from step to step. This is only done in order to improve your experience of the site, and is only stored for as long as is necessary for you to complete the process. For example, only used to remember live chat logs. All other cookies will expire used indefinably.
We use the following cookies:
– Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website or use our shopping cart.
– Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
– Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
– Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. Where you have given consent, we may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
||[DESCRIPTION OF THE PURPOSE FOR WHICH THE COOKIE IS USED]|
Examples of purposes for which a cookie may be used:
This cookie [is essential for our site to][enables us to]:
- [Estimate our audience size and usage pattern.]
- [Store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customize our site and to provide you with offers that are targeted at your individual interests.]
- [Speed up your searches.]
- [Recognize you when you return to our site.]
- [OTHER PURPOSES]
You may block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) this may result in limited functionality and you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
- 9. Contact
All comments, queries and requests relating to our use of your information are welcomed and should be e-mailed to us at [email protected]
 Please check whether you are collecting this type of information/ using this type of cookie. If you are, further details are needed in Section 7.
 Will you be collecting this type of information? Please delete if not applicable or change to “internal reporting purposes”.
 Opt – in tick box wording needed on registration.
 Opt – in tick box wording needed on registration.
 This policy has been drafted on the assumption that the company’s servers are based in the India. Please let us know if your servers are elsewhere, as different rules apply to data transfers outside the India.
 New legislation states that a website user must be provided with clear and comprehensive information about the purposes for which the cookie is stored and accessed. The website user must also give his or her consent.
Please let us know if further advice on cookies is needed.
 Please provide details of cookies used and ideally set out in a table as above.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.